Statewide Communication Campaign
State of New Mexico Department of Health
It Starts With Us
Oversee a 4-year statewide sexual violence prevention communication campaign, including:
- Research existing sexual violence prevention campaigns to determine best practices
- Conduct focus groups with community members and leaders; conduct interviews with non-profit rape crisis center staff to determine existing messages and test potential new messages.
- Develop communication plan.
- Develop messages and messaging guide.
- Create branding guide.
- Write creative content for all materials.
- Oversee creative development of English- and Spanish-language print and digital media and education tools (social media graphics, tip guides, posters, promotional materials, website).
- Oversee social media engagement.
- Solicit feedback and input from partner agencies to ensure correct direction and community support.
- Involve partners in the testing and development of materials.
Soda Creek did the impossible! They created a beautiful cohesive messaging and media campaign regarding an incredibly sensitive social justice issue. They listened deeply to our group’s needs and thoughts, quickly and effectively integrated our team’s feedback, and produced a phenomenal campaign for New Mexican communities.Rachel Cox
Working with Soda Creek on the It Starts with Campaign, has been a great experience. They listened to our partners’ perspectives, incorporated changes where needed, helped provide guidance materials for running the campaign, and worked well with the New Mexico Department of Health. I applaud their patience, professionalism, flexibility, and creativity. They employed a teamwork approach to building a successful social change campaign. We thank them for all the work they have done to support such an important issue as sexual violence prevention.Heather Frankland