We work on projects, big or small, anywhere where you are and need us.
Whether your reach and scope are national, state-level, local, organizational, or interpersonal, we’re here for you.
sara nelson, MA
from creative to technical (in the blink of an eye)
conceptualizing, writing, developing
user-friendly, plain language approach
a little more about sara
- Started Soda Creek Consulting in 2008.
- Is all about making communication PRACTICAL + APPLICABLE for the intended audience, meaning it needs to find immediate use for the service, product, or information in its life.
- Refined her communication skills through working directly with a variety of audiences in real world settings. This helped her to move from theories about people and their communication preferences to an actual understanding of audience needs and motivators.
- Is well-versed in the principles of adult learning, plain language best practices, and train-the-trainer strategies.
- Has an MA in Communication from the University of New Mexico. And a BA in Spanish and BS in Advertising from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Originally from Colorado where, as a kid, she’d spend many a summer day hiking and exploring the waters of Soda Creek (it’s real!).
cheryl christopherson, RN
public speaker extraordinaire
health and medical interpersonal communication
a little more about cheryl
- Brings a valued healthcare and behavior change perspective to the firm.
- Is a dynamic motivational public speaker. Clients rave about her ability to engage hearts and minds.
- Specializes in patient communication and education.
- Grew up in many different communities — from big city Los Angeles to rural Indian reservations to the Dutch West Indies. This framed who she is today and strengthened her ability to bridge differences and build open communication.
- Graduated with honors from both the nursing and exercise science baccalaureate programs at the University of New Mexico. She also holds an Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate and Electronics Technology certificate from Central NM Community College. During her previous career in computer information technology, she was sought after for her project management and team building skills.
- Her personal philosophy: “Whatever my hand finds to do, do it with all my might!”