Assessment of Health Education Materials
Food Safety Project
- Oversee recruiting – Recruit vegetable and fruit farmworkers along the border of US/Mexico.
- Develop moderator’s guide – This was for a 1.5 hour discussion group in Spanish.
- Conduct discussion group and interviews – The participants shared their opinions on Spanish-language health education materials on foodborne illness. We explored what they liked, didn’t like, and recommended in order to improve the materials and use them across the country with farmworkers.
- Translate and transcribe the audio recordings
- Develop final report – This included an overview, methodology, key findings, recommendations, and a copy of the transcript and interview notes.
For this project, it was especially helpful that Sara Nelson (Principal Consultant on the project) has several years of prior experience providing health outreach and education to migrant and seasonal farmworkers.